Suggested digital teaching resources...
“Online” is the word of the hour, and we at the Tech School have thrown together a quick list of some FREE online resources that may hopefully assist in some small way, separate to our own online programs which will be released shortly via FUSE. Please send us some of your own favourites via our Contact Us page if you think they would be of benefit to others and we’ll add them to the shared list.
And remember, each and every one of you has the power to change a student’s life for the better!
The Bendigo Tech School team
- - // - -
· AUSTRALIAN SCIENCE CHANNEL – unit plans for different subjects available here (e.g. this STEM and robotics resource).
· BIOTIGITAL – a bit like Google Maps for the human body. Some content is paid but much is available for free. It even has a 3D interactive model of the SARS-CoV-2 virus!
o SketchUp and TinkerCAD are both free web-based 3D modelling programs. SketchUp (free 30 day trial) is more powerful and is a step up from TinkerCAD.
o AUTODESK has a range of industry standard products. For the more advanced user.
· DESIGN THINKING SCAFFOLDS – the linked pdf is a series of Design Thinking scaffolds we have developed for use in our regular BTS student programs.
· EDUCATION PERFECT – all-in-one education platform with pre-made, online, curriculum-mapped resources across a range of Australian and international curriculums. (FREE for teachers until 01 May, 2020, due to COVID-19).
· FARM VR – 360 video experiences explaining paddock-to-plate journey for different foods.
· FUSE – DET Victoria curriculum-mapped teaching resources. More resources are being posted online each week.
· GOOGLE SCIENCE JOURNAL – student science experiment resource, with scientific journal and suggested experiments for home or school. When used with mobile device, app’ can utilise phone sensor data.
· MapShareVic – more recent iteration of GeoVic web-based GIS platform. Simple introduction for students to GIS, coordinates and the concept of querying data.
· NATIONAL GALLERY OF VICTORIA – virtual tours and at-home resources for students. E.g. pre-written step-by-step project for students with coding and art coming together around the Escher exhibition in Melbourne.
· PHET – interactive web-based simulations of science concepts and laws, and how they occur in the world around us.
STILE – all-in-one Science education platform with pre-made, online, curriculum-mapped resources. (FREE for all teachers until end Term 2, 2020, due to COVID-19. Ordinarily, Stile is available free of charge for Victorian government schools).
· SCOOTLE – expansive range of online education resources.
· SEE.SAW – online learning space for student-teacher collaboration.
· TRELLO – digital Kanban board and all-round efficiency tool, for adults or senior students.
*NEWS POST IMAGE SOURCE: Nishikado, Tomohiro. 1978. Space Invaders. Taito Corporation, Tokyo (manufacturer and publisher). As cited in: https://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/school_resource/digital-creatives-creative-control/